For my first career, I worked as a writing and English instructor, teaching everything from essay writing to medieval literature and Shakespeare. I also spent twenty years focused on copywriting and editorial writing for a variety of clients and industries, ranging from outdoor recreation to the coffee industry, real estate to fashion. Check out samples of my work and a client list below.
My projects have run the gamut: ecommerce and email campaigns, print catalogs and packaging copy, messaging strategies and mission statements, scriptwriting and social media content, branding, ads, press releases, and more.
Starbucks, Eddie Bauer, Cascade Designs, MSR, Therm-a-Rest, Platypus, SealLine, PackTowl, Brooks Running, Zillow, Knock.com, Seattle Publishing, Dolly, Cairn, Heroclip, Lucas Group, Hawthorn Creative, Clarisonic, unblu, Tagged, Virtuoso, Serfas, and others.
Publications include dozens of stories for print and web, ghostwritten articles, countless blogs for clients, and a trade union history book.
- Local 7 Seattle-Tacoma: Celebrating 100 Years: 1912-2012 Seattle Publishing (Book)
- “Gnarly Branches” Willows Lodge Magazine Vol 2.
- “Class in Session: Safe Water Training in Kenya and Mali” MSR Global Health
- "Packrafting in the Land of the Midnight Sun" SealLine
- “Building a School of Shred: Sweetlines” Freehub, Vol 3.2
- “Big Air Therapy” Mountain Bike
- “How Will Fracking Affect Your Property Value (and Mortgage)?” Zillow
- "Renting? Know Your Rights" Zillow