Apart from my first career as a writing and English instructor, I spent twenty years focused on copywriting and editorial writing for a range of clients, from corporations to startups and small businesses. The industries have been as varied: outdoor recreation, the coffee industry, real estate, luxury travel, trade unions, software, fashion, health & beauty. Check out samples of my work and client list below.
My projects have run the gamut: ecommerce and email campaigns, print catalogs and packaging copy, messaging strategies and mission statements, scriptwriting and social media content, branding, ads, press releases, and more.
Publications include dozens of stories for print and web, ghostwritten articles, countless blogs for clients, and a trade union history book.
- Local 7 Seattle-Tacoma: Celebrating 100 Years: 1912-2012 Seattle Publishing (Book)
- “Gnarly Branches” Willows Lodge Magazine Vol 2.
- “Class in Session: Safe Water Training in Kenya and Mali” MSR Global Health
- "Packrafting in the Land of the Midnight Sun" SealLine
- “Building a School of Shred: Sweetlines” Freehub, Vol 3.2
- “Big Air Therapy” Mountain Bike
- “How Will Fracking Affect Your Property Value (and Mortgage)?” Zillow
- "Renting? Know Your Rights" Zillow
Starbucks, Eddie Bauer, Cascade Designs, MSR, Therm-a-Rest, Platypus, SealLine, PackTowl, Brooks Running, Zillow, Knock.com, Seattle Publishing, Dolly, Cairn, Heroclip, Lucas Group, Hawthorn Creative, Clarisonic, unblu, Tagged, Virtuoso, Serfas, and many others
Writing & English Instructor
From 1997-2014, I designed and taught literature and writing courses at the following academic institutions:
- University of Washington
- University of Colorado-Boulder
- Metropolitan State College of Denver
- North Seattle Community College
- Creative Retirement Institute/Edmonds Community College